Juan has been wanting me to write about our life here. So here it goes. I hope you all enjoy. Well we have been here in Mexico for a little over 7 months. It has been an adventure. We are here in Ciudad Obregon and it is a really beautiful city and extremely hot. Juan has to work a lot so it is just me and Belen a lot of the time. He works so hard for our family. We both have callings. I am in the nursery and Juan is the ward secretary. It is kind of hard to be in the nursery because Juan has to work Sundays occasionally and I really don't want Belen to go to the Nursery with me. I wouldn't be able to do anything, but we are making it work and the primary president is really understanding. There are not very many babies here in our ward so there are not any play groups or anything so Belen has turned into one of those snobby babies that start crying when anyone other than me or Juan holds her and if another child is around her she freaks out. So that is always fun. So my spanish is not doing very well because I am home most of the time. Juan wants me to take the car but I really hate driving a standard. I just barely learned and I is still an adventure when I drive. Juan and I have had skype for the past month and it is amazing. I can talk to my family whenever I want for only 5.99 and talk to my sisters who have cameras so we can see each other and most of all Belen. It makes me so happy. I have felt kind of cut off from my friends and family. I would cry and cry but now I can talk all I want. And just for fun I put up some pictures of Belen. She is finally smiling for the camera and I love it.


Her chubby legs. She is so cute.
The ruffle bum my favorite. 

Oh my sweet baby girl and her big eyes. She is so amazing and I love her so much and my wonderful husband. Well I hope all is well and we miss and love you all.
2 comments:
Man, Belen is getting so big. She's so cute! I know it must be tough living in a country that's not your own and especially not being able to communicate all that well. We don't have any playgroups here as well but I always try to leave the kids with my mom or other people so they are used to anybody holding them (which is good because I only have two arms). I am the primary president here in Brazil and it's really tough sometimes because Chris works with the young men in the stake so he's always visiting other wards and we only have one car. We have to wake up way early for me to get to my ward in time and Eric stays in the primary with me while Jasmine goes to nursery (and I can hear her cry the whole time from the primary room upstairs). Skype is a wonderful thing. We often talk to Chris' family and his parents see the kids. If you would like to chat sometime, I usually leave it on, even when I'm doing something else ...
Anyway, I know it must be hard but it is also and adventure (like you said). And what I try to do (and this is even my own country but I'm not all that used to it anymore) is enjoy the good things that I know someday I'll miss. Everything from food to animated church activities, etc.
Hope you are doing well and that you are having a wonderful time in Mexico.
Krystal me encanto saber de sus vidas alla! Sadie tambien le cuesta ir con gente que no sea yo o Danny.
Belen se ve grande y saludable!
A mi me cuesta mucho acostumbrarme a lugares nuevos pero despues me cuesta dejarlos.Yo tambien estoy mucho tiempo del dia en casa sola con Sadie porque Danny trabaja y estudia y despues tiene tarea, no te sientas sola en eso :).
Suerte con todo y disfruto mucho tu blog.
Post a Comment