Wednesday, February 11, 2009

6 week Check up


Well Belen is 6 and a half weeks. She had her check up last night. We were very pleased to hear that she is perfect. She has some digestion issues that is causing her to be very uncomfortable. It isn't colic, but she is on the road to comfort. He gave her some medicine that should help her and it will also help her eating more spaced out. Right now it fluctuates from every one to two hours. He thinks part of that is because she is so uncomfortable. She is now 20 inches long and 6 lbs. and 2 ounces.  She is growing. He wants me to start eating avacados which I hate, but it will make my milk thinker and fattier. She has to gain almost 2 lbs by her next appointment. She is doing very well. She has changed so much and she is smiling back at us when we talk to her and she follows our voice. It makes my day to know that she knows who we are and will respond to us. Well that is it for now. We miss you and love you all. Hope all is well. 

2 comments:

Paty said...

I'm glad to hear that Belen's check up went well and she's gaining weight.

Common Krystal! Avocados are not bad at all! Just make yourself some delicious guacamole or add avocados on tostadas, taquitos, soups, etc. Before you know it, you won't want to live w/out them.

Los Webb said...

WOW- it feels like it has been ages since we talked last... Probably because there are a lot of things that have changed since we talked last. We had to go back and read all of the bloggin we missed. First of all, you can brag all you want this is probably the only time when braggin is socially acceptable :)(I had to throw a little bit of sociology there).
Second, your baby is adorable and I am with your mom, her eyes are so big and she is so cute!!! She looks a lot like Juan.
We are so glad to hear that everything went well with the c-section. My mom had all 3 of us by c-sections and I am scared to death that I am going to have c-sections too. But then again I am a big baby. I have very low tolerance for pain.
I am so happy that you are enjoying motherhood so much. And I am sure that Juan is spoiling her so much. You have a cute family and we loved looking at your pictures.
And to think it was just a couple of years ago when we were freshmen in college and now you guys have an adorable little girl.
Congratulations! We are so happy for you.
P;s; And about the avocados I think that paty's advice was very good just mix it up in your food as complementary with salads and soups and you wont notice it.